Visa, Money & Safety Tips
They key to a successful holiday in Istanbul, whether it’s a short city trip or a more elaborate time off, is to be well prepared.
Strangely enough, people spend plenty of time picking a suitable hotel or researching the various sightseeing spots, but often overlook less entertaining but equally important topics.
To assist you with those, I give you an overview of posts I wrote about visa requirements, money matters as well as health & safety tips.
Visa Regulations & Fees
- Do I Need a Turkish Visa for a City Trip to Istanbul?
- How to Get a Turkish Visa at the Istanbul Atatürk Airport?
- Turkey’s Visa Price List
- Do I Pay with Turkish Lira, Credit Card, Euro or Dollar in Istanbul?
- Tipping in Istanbul: Where (not) and How Much?
- Turkish Lira (TL) Replaces New Turkish Lira (YTL) as of January 1, 2009
Health & Safety Tips
- Basic Health Precautions for a City Trip to or Expat Stay in Istanbul
- What to Do When You Need Medical Treatment in Istanbul?
- 10 Istanbul Pedestrian Safety Tips That May Be a Lifesaver
- How To Take A Taxi In Istanbul Without Being Hustled?
- Overview of Embassies and Consulates in Istanbul and Turkey