Istanbul Facts & Figures
Istanbul is not only the world’s third largest city proper, it is also the only city in the world streching over two continents.
With the first settlements being established almost 7 centuries BC, it encapsulates a massive past. Having been the capital of two of the world’s greatest empires, it must be worth while. Being fought over by armies of Europe, the Middle East and Asia must make it intriguing. And it is!
Below you’ll find an overview of Istanbul’s history as well as the current facts and figures.
History of Istanbul
- Istanbul, Pas Constantinople: Timeline and Brief Overview
- Istanbul Known as Byzantium
- When Istanbul Was Constantinople
- Istanbul During the Ottoman Empire
- The Republic Turkey: Istanbul Today