Below you will find an overview of 5-star hotels in the historical part of Istanbul. By clicking on a hotel name, you can obtain detailed information about the hotel, provided by either Booking.com or the hotel’s own website.
The overview by no means lists all 5-star hotels in this area. The hotel list is based on personal experiences cross-checked with customer reviews provided by Booking.com. Most of the hotels have either been visited by me or by one or more of my acquaintances. They appear in alphabetical order.
- Eresin Crown Hotel – This is more than just a luxury hotel, offering 60 rooms and two restaurants, one of them overlooking the Sea of Marmara. Inside the hotel you’ll also find a private museum, holding 49 pieces of art excavated on the hotel’s grounds.
- Four Seasons – Created from a century-old neoclassic Turkish prison, its 65 guest rooms and suites frame an open courtyard. Together with their very spacious rooms they provide an atmosphere of personal attention and ease.
- Sirkeci Konak – This classical Ottoman mansion style hotel, with 52 spacious rooms, is located at the historic peninsula, yet has a green and peaceful recreational twist to it thanks to adjacent Gülhane Park. Guests are welcomed and treated according to Turkish and Ottoman traditions.
- Hotel Sultanhan – A 40 room Ottoman style boutique hotel in a renovated governor’s residence, featuring magnificent views of the Sea of Marmara, the Bosphorus and the old city as well as traditional Turkish hospitality.
- World Park Hotel – This 5-star luxury Byzantine style hotel, offering 172 majestic and stylish rooms, is situated in the 4.Vakıf Han premises, a building that radiates historical grandeur and possesses exquisite architecture.
Note to accommodation owners: If you want to be added to the listings on Istanbul Trails, please contact us via the Contact or Advertise page. Keep in mind though that hotels will never be listed without personally having visited your accommodation, enabling me to write a truthful review.