Below you will find an overview of 5-star hotels in the modern part of Istanbul. By clicking on a hotel name, you can obtain detailed information about the hotel, provided by Booking.com or the hotel’s own website.
The overview by no means lists all 5-star hotels in this area. The hotel list is based on personal experiences cross-checked with customer reviews provided by Booking.com. Most of the hotels have either been visited by me or by one or more of my acquaintances. They appear in alphabetical order.
- Ceylan InterContinental – Located next to Taksim Park and Taksim Square, the Ceylan InterContinental is an elegant and stylish jewel in the heart of Istanbul. Its 380 rooms are not too spacious, but the luxury and impressive views of the Bosphorus make up for it.
- Hyatt Regency Istanbul – Contrary to most of its competitors, the Hyatt Regency hotel is only a 10-story tall building with an Ottoman twist. This stylish hotel offers 360 rooms & suites, slightly orientated towards businessmen.
- The Marmara Istanbul – The Marmara Istanbul is a deluxe five-star hotel where business meets luxury in Istanbul’s city centre. The hotel, a landmark building rising 20 stories above the pulse of Istanbul, features 377 rooms and has stunning views of Istanbul.
- The Ritz-Carlton – The Ritz-Carlton has a total of 244 guest rooms with a Turkish-inspired style and décor. Sumptuous surroundings and legendary service await every guest that passes through their doors.
- Swissotel The Bosphorus – The luxurious Swissôtel The Bosphorus is located in the centre of Istanbul, in the former gardens of the Dolmabahçe Palace. Situated on a wooded hilltop, most of the hotel’s 600 rooms offer panoramic views of the Bosphorus, the Asian coast and/or the old city of Istanbul.
- TomTom Suites – Istanbul’s TomTom Suites is a 5-star boutique hotel offering 20 suites of varying sizes. The hotel is located in an historical Istanbul building in the Galata and Pera area of the city, offering panoramic views over the old city and the Golden Horn. Tomtom Suites offers the discerning guest a choice of spacious, well-designed accommodations.
- W Istanbul – Europe’s first W hotel is situated in Beşiktaş in the historic former home of the guards of the Dolmabahçe Palace. As a result of the mix of W style and Ottoman glamour, even the standard rooms come with a garden and decked area, providing an oasis of calm.
Note to accommodation owners: If you want to be added to the listings on Istanbul Trails, please contact us via the Contact or Advertise page. Keep in mind though that hotels will never be listed without personally having visited your accommodation, enabling me to write a truthful review.