Below you will find an overview of two and three-star hotels in the historical part of Istanbul. By clicking on a hotel name, you can obtain detailed information about the hotel, provided by Booking.com or the hotel’s own website.
The overview by no means lists all two and three star hotels in this area. The hotel list is based on personal experiences cross-checked with customer reviews provided by Booking.com. Most of the hotels have either been visited by me or by one or more of my acquaintances. They appear in alphabetical order.
- Ahmet Efendi Evi – This three-star hotel is a family guest house. The rooms are small but spotless, the staff friendly and helpful, and the location great. Ahmet Efendi Evi is located in the heart of the historical part of Istanbul, within walking distance of the main tourist attractions.
- Aslan Istanbul – This charming family-run 3-star boutique hotel with its homely interior and 18 clean but rather small rooms is located in a quiet street in the center of old Istanbul. As with most hotels in this district, their location is excellent.
- Ayasofya Pansiyonları – This three star hotel, also known as Ayasofya Konakları or Ayasofya Evleri, consists of nine renovated 19th century wooden houses, located in a dream setting: the cobbled street between the back-side of the Hagia Sophia and the high walls of the Topkapi Palace.
- Best Point – This brand new 3-star boutique hotel offers 13 very clean, modern and nicely decorated rooms. The hotel is within walking distance of the main attractions such as the Hagia Sophia, the Blue Mosque and the Basilica Cistern.
- Empress Zoe – This hotel combines three separate restored houses, hence benefits from a number of enclosed gardens and panoramic terraces. Rooms reflect a high standard of taste and design. Please note that access to the rooms is via a narrow circular iron staircase.
- Olimpiyat – This three star hotel offers 59 not too big but clean rooms, each with a private bathroom. The hotel combines a great location with the famous Turkish hospitality in a casual atmosphere.
Note to accommodation owners: If you want to be added to the listings on Istanbul Trails, please contact us via the Contact or Advertise page. Keep in mind though that hotels will never be listed without personally having visited your accommodation, enabling me to write a truthful review.