Below you will find an overview of 4-star hotels in the modern part of Istanbul. By clicking on a hotel name, you can obtain detailed information about the hotel, provided by Booking.com or the hotel’s own website.
The overview by no means lists all four star hotels in this area. The hotel list is based on personal experiences cross-checked with customer reviews provided by Booking.com. Most of the hotels have either been visited by myself or by one or more of my acquaintances. They appear in alphabetical order.
- Gallery Residence – This hotel, offering modern accommodation consisting exclusively of 21 suites, is for once not located in Taksim. You’ll find the Gallery Residence Hotel in Nişantaşı, one of Istanbul’s most fashionable and prestigious districts. With the proximity of a metro station, Taksim is within a 2 minute reach.
- Istanbul Suite Home – Every apartment of this 13 room hotel offers 85 m² residing space, including a living room and equipped kitchen. There is also a common terrace with great views and free of charge health facilities. Please note that it is located in a steep area, so access on foot could prove a challenge for some.
- Marmara Pera – This hotel with its 200 rather modest rooms is mostly famous for its location (within walking distance from the business, leisure and shopping areas) and magnificent views.
- Midtown Hotel – The Midtown Hotel has 73 deluxe room (9 with a view of Bosphorus) and 7 corner suites prepared with a minimalist approach. The hotel is ideally situated in a car-free area of Taksim, the heart of modern Istanbul and famed for its restaurants, shops and nightlife.
- Richmond – It’s the only hotel on Istiklal Caddesi, the famous car-free shopping avenue. The downside is that you briefly need to walk with your luggage. The glorious architecture combines the memories of the past with contemporary amenities. Their new Leb-i-Derya restaurant offers great Bosphorus views.
- SV Boutique – Just like the Taksim Gönen hotel, this modern boutique hotel, with its 34 spotlessly clean rooms, is located in a car-free area, on foot only 2 min. away from Taksim square. In 2006 I put all my friends there during my wedding festivities.
- Taksim Gönen – Located in a generally car-free area, on foot only 2 min. away from Taksim square, this recently built hotel offers 152 clean rooms and lots of facilities, including a small pool on the roof. Please note that the pool doesn’t open before June and the English skills of the staff are limited.
Note to accommodation owners: If you want to be added to the listings on Istanbul Trails, please contact us via the Contact or Advertise page. Keep in mind though that hotels will never be listed without personally having visited your accommodation, enabling me to write a truthful review.